Shoes are an essential part of our daily life. But if these shoes are wet then they become very uncomfortable. They make you feel cringe, soggy, squishy, and damp. Walking around in wet shoes may also lead you to blisters and mold in your shoes. Most people get foot infections because of wearing wet shoes for long. It’s important to know how to dry wet shoes who know when it comes to you.
Shoes can be dried in many ways, for example, you can hang them in open-air if you have plenty of time (not in hours but days), or you can dry them using different household items such as your hairdryer.
Once your shoes are wet there are many questions that may arise in your mind. For example, how to dry wet shoes? How to dry wet shoes without them smelling? And if you are late for your work then you ask yourself how to dry your shoes in 10 minutes?
But most of us don’t have enough assets to dry our shoes. Thus this article is going to tell you how to dry wet shoes in your Limited assets. This article will tell you how to use different things available to you for drying your shoes.
Here is the list of things and the methods that are easily available to you to help you in drying your shoes.
How to dry shoes in oven
The oven is one of the things that are almost available in every home. Thus you can always use your oven to dry your shoes. The method is very easy and everyone can try it.
- Set the temperature of your oven between hundred to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Only use the fan-forced heater when you are drying your shoes.
- Keep the door of the oven open.
- Place your shoes in the oven and keep an eye on them.
- Keep checking every 5 minutes. Once you feel that are your shoes are dry enough, take them out.
The shoes might feel moist, but keeping the shoes too long in an event can damage them.
How to dry your shoes in the dryer
The dryer is another household appliance that is easily available. If you want to know how to dry your shoes in 10 minutes then this method is best. There are different types of dryers you can use a hairdryer as a heated shoe dryer, or a therm-ic dryer. Here we are going to mention the air dryer.
It is also a very easy method.
- Tie the laces off the shoes together, and toss them in the dryer for few minutes.
- After few minutes take out the shoes and hang them for a while.
- By hanging the shoes you will allow the air to pass through your shoes and this is how to keep wet shoes from smelling.
How to dry Converse shoes?
Newspaper and paper towels are available in every home. What about using paper towels in wet shoes to dry them? Yes, of course, you can do this! And for this, you need lots of paper towels the newspaper.
- You need to remove the insole of the shoe so it can dry separately.
- Lose the lace then open the shoe.
- Ball up your newspaper and stuff it into the shoes.
- Once you are done with stuffing place the shoes in a dry spot either indoor or outdoor.
- You can also try a heater or fan.
How to dry shoes with the help of rice?
It is one of the best shoe drawing hacks ever. You can always use rice to dry shoes, mobiles, watches, etc. Rice can help because rice has strong soaking power and it can soak water quicker than anything else.
- Take a pair of socks and fill them with rice.
- The rice should be enough so that it can cover the inner space of the shoes.
- Once you have filled the socks with rice place them in the shoes.
- Then keep the shoes in a dry place.
- You can also keep the shoes near the heater or under a fan.
Shoe drying hacks
These are the methods that can help you dying your shoes with the things that are easily available at your home. But there are still many scenarios we face when it comes to wet shoes. A few of the situations are answered here for your help. Thank me later!!!
How to dry wet shoes at work?
If going to work is necessary and it’s raining then obviously you are going to have wet shoes and you will keep thinking a whole day at your workplace about how to dry wet shoes?
Here is the answer!
- Collect as many papers as you can, and if you can get a towel then well and good.
- Make a ball of paper and tuck it inside the shoes.
- Keep the shoes in a dry place. Keep changing the paper balls with new ones after every 10 to 20 mins.
- Repeat this procedure until your shoes get dry enough to take you back home.
How to dry wet shoes in 10 minutes?
Sometimes situations are very quick. You don’t have much time to dry your shoes but you got to reach someplace as soon as possible. These situations give you anxiety. But these situations can get sorted out if you have a dryer near to you, especially a hairdryer.
If you have a hairdryer then you can dry your shoes or boots in minutes. The method is very simple.
- Just remove the insole of the shoes so they can dry separately.
- Switch the dryer on and start drying the shoes.
- Keep drying from inside and outside for 2 minutes and then give rest for few seconds.
- Keep repeating this for almost 10 to 15 minutes and you will definitely get great results.
Tip for avoiding foul smell from the shoes:
Yes, we all get worried once our shoes get wet. We all start thinking about how to keep wet shoes from smelling?
So here is a small tip that can help you.
- Add some talcum powder to the inner side of the shoes.
- Try to dry the shoes in an airy place where air can move freely inside out from the shoes.
Wet shoes cause lots of trouble. They make you feel squishy at every step. You might feel uncomfortable and your feet feel as if they are soaked in water. Wearing wet shoes can also result in infections of the feet. Thus using household appliances can help a lot. For example, you can use the oven, air dryer, hairdryer, and even rice. These are some of the best shoe drying hacks.