As much as we love wearing sneakers, we love them more when it is white rubber shoes or sneakers. White sneakers give us a refreshed look along with freshness and comfort. Besides, white rubber shoes go with the daily lifestyle fashion.
But the cons of white rubber shoes is that they tend to become dirty and yellowish after each wearing. And they require extra care. Whatever, even if we do need to take extra care, as we love to wear them, we should have knowledge about How to clean white rubber shoes.
A clean shoe will improve your personality and give you more confidence. So keep your white shoes clean always.
How to clean white rubber shoes
As white rubber shoes or sneakers have become a part of our everyday life, we are in constant need of cleaning them properly. Here are some of the methods which are effective in cleaning rubber shoes:
How to clean white rubber shoes with Baking soda
Baking soda and detergent are always considered one of the best to clean your rubber shoes. You can use them like below to complete the task:
- First, you need to make a perfect solution of baking soda and detergent at a 1:2 ratio.
- Water can be added to the solution according to the mixture.
- You can omit the water and keep the mixture “powdery” if you want.
- Put the mixture on the entire shoe or in the areas where there is stain and then scrub gently in a circular motion with a toothbrush.
- Keep the shoe like that from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After that, rinse off the solution, wash the shoes and dry them. You will probably get a shinier look than before.
How to clean white rubber shoes with Toothpaste
The name of “toothpaste” always crosses our mind whenever we are in need of cleaning something from rubber shoes to stainless steel. You can use toothpaste to clean rubber shoes in the following ways:
- Squeeze some toothpaste on an old toothbrush
- Add some water either on the toothbrush or on the rubber shoes
- Start scrubbing gently on the stained area or on the whole shoe
- Rinse off the shoes or you can just clean the toothpaste with a wet piece of cloth. After drying, you will get a clear look.
How to clean white rubber shoes with White vinegar
If you are willing to clean your rubber shoes with vinegar, then you might also need some baking soda. And the process of cleaning is given below:
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda, white vinegar, and hot water.
- Mix them in a paste-like consistency.
- Now take the paste on an old toothbrush and apply it on either the entire shoe or on the stains. Brush the shoes in a circular motion to scrub off the dirt.
- Place the shoes under sunlight which helps the process of whitening.
- When the paste on the shoes will be dried, knock them free and use a piece of cloth to remove the leftover. And your rubber shoes will be dirt-free.
How to clean white rubber shoes with Soap and water
The process of cleaning the rubber with soap and water is one of the easiest though it requires some labor and a matter of time. Still here’s how you can make it effective:
- Pour some or 2 teaspoons of dish soap on a bowl of warm water
- Dissolve the rubber shoes into the mixture.
- Take a toothbrush or other kind of rubbing material and brush the shoes in a circular motion until the stains come off entirely.
- This process requires patience, so brush patiently not aggressively as that can damage your shoes.
How to clean white rubber shoes with Magic Eraser
Magic eraser is one of the beneficial gadgets which can be used to clean white rubber shoes. This is the alternative name of “Melamine foam” The process of using this is as follows:
- Add some water with the “magic eraser” element
- Remember to keep the foam damp
- Scrub on the stained areas until the stains fade away and then rub the shoes with a piece of cloth or tissue for better finishing.
How to clean white rubber shoes with Bleach
Bleach is considered one of the strongest elements in the case of cleaning. Try to use bleach only if your rubber shoes’ stains are difficult enough to be removed. Here’s how you can use bleach for cleaning the rubber shoes:
- Make a mixture of bleach and warm water in the ratio of 1:5. Don’t put more bleach than this because that will damage your shoes.
- Using a sponge or toothbrush, gently rub the solution on the shoes.
- Keep the stained areas on focus
- Damp a small towel and then clean the dirt from the shoes.
- Dry the shoes in a well-ventilated room. Remember to do the whole task in a well-ventilated area as bleach is a potent and strong chemical.
How to clean white rubber shoes with Micellar water
Micellar water is the alternative name of makeup removal water. This can be used to clean your white rubber shoes also and the process is simple.
- Take some micellar water on a clean piece of cloth.
- Take your shoes and rub the cloth on the shoes to remove the excessive dirt until they come off entirely leaving an even color surface. Your shoes will be white and clean once again.
How to clean white rubber shoes that turned yellow
Almost all the methods described above can be used to clean a pair of rubber shoes that have turned yellow. Still, to sum it up you can with the process of:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Micellar water
- Magic Eraser
How to prevent white rubber shoes from being dirty and messy?
Even if you know all the methods of cleaning your white rubber shoes, it’s always better to prevent the shoes from being extra dirty and messy. For that prevention, keep in mind the following tips.
All white things require extra care let alone your white shoes. If you can be extra careful when wearing white shoes or sneakers, your shoes will face less dirt and mess. If you have gone out wearing them, then try to blow off the extra dirt as soon as possible after returning from outside. Try to avoid the dirty, muddy roads and avoid the watery side or part of the roads.
Apply sneaker protector
You can always apply a sneaker protector to your white rubber shoes after buying them. You need to buy a sneaker protector as the shoe company doesn’t give you one. Then apply the sneaker protector on your rubber shoes which will protect against any potential damages which can come from a messy road.
It’s a very easy process and also a very effective one. A sneaker protector protects your rubber shoes from attracting any extra dirt and makes it easier to remove them in case.
Avoid scrubbing, do brushing
Always remember to brush in a circular motion and don’t scrub excessively. It’s important because excessive scrubbing damages the shoes and they become more attractive to the dirt. And you should clean your shoes after everyday wearing.
Choose the correct cleaning method
There are so many methods available for cleaning your shoes. But to keep your white rubber shoe dirt-free further or just stop shoes from attracting more dirt, use the appropriate method for cleaning from the very beginning.
Use baby wipes for little stains
If you want to keep your shoes dirt-free and less messy, you should prevent your shoes from accumulating dirt. When the dirt is accumulated on the surface for a longer period of time, they become harder to remove. So, prevent the dirt from accumulating. For that, use baby wipes for removing little stains instantly.
Store them properly
Sometimes, we carelessly store our white shoes and don’t use them for a while. Not using them for a while and keeping them carelessly are some of the reasons for piled-up dirt on the shoes. So, if you are deciding not to use the white rubber shoes for a while, store them properly. For this, put the shoes into the shoebox which comes with them and then store them in a cool, dry place.
Each and every pair of sneakers we wear every day also hold memories. Because they have taken us to our destinations. This is one of the reasons along with others why we always want to keep good maintenance instead of replacing them instantly.
However, dirt will always keep accumulating on the surface and into the inner parts of the shoes. You should know how to clean white rubber shoes.
The aforementioned tips and methods will help you to keep your white rubber shoes clean, tidy from the dirt, and in optimal condition for a longer period of time.
Even after trying all of the above methods, if you still are not satisfied with the look, then you can always buy a new pair.