Janelia loves the PUMA shoes most. She has a large collection of PUMA sneakers, canvas, high-rise tops, low-top shoes, etc. They are so comfortable and stylish at the same time. Also lasts for a long time.
But recently Jenelia went abroad for a bachelor’s degree. And she has faced problems cleaning her shoes. As her mother keeps her shoes clean, she never pays attention to the shoes cleaning.
Some of her favorite pairs remain unclean and she can’t wear them.
By calling her mother, she was able to learn about the PUMA shoe cleaning techniques.
Have you ever faced the problem of cleaning your favorite PUMA shoes? If yes, this article is for you. Here we are going to guide you step by step on how to clean PUMA shoes.
Have a look-
How to clean puma shoes?
There are so many designs and material varieties found in PUMA shoes. For this reason, cleaning techniques are different for them.
Here we are going to depict the ways based on the materials and type to clean your shoes properly.
Cleaning Leather, Nylon, and Synthetic Leather Puma Shoes
Cleaning leather, nylon, and synthetic leather materials PUMA shoes are comparatively easier than others. You can clean them in wet conditions, that doesn’t mean you can wash them in a washing machine or soak them in water for a long time. That will not clean your shoes rather damage them.
- First, dust off the loose dirt from the shoes. Then wipe with a damp cloth or microfiber cloth. If needed, use a mild detergent. The advantage is no special detergent or cleaner is required for PUMA shoes. But we recommended not to use harsh detergents. In case, you can use mild shampoos as well.
- Then scrub the upper side of the shoes. Clean the dirt by circular motion. Then dampen them with plain water. Don’t use hot water to wash your shoes.
- After cleaning, wipe with the towel, keep them in a well-ventilated place where sufficient light and air flows. Avoid direct sunlight as well as extreme heat.
- And let it dry properly. They are ready to wear now!
Related Post: How to dry wet shoes in limited assets: 7 Hacks
2. How to Clean Canvas Puma Shoes
Cleaning the canvas PUMAs is like the previous process. You should clean the dirt from the canvas. Then scrub with a dump or microfiber cloth.
After that, clean with cool water and let them dry properly.
Similarly, avoid extremely hot water, soft clothes, high heat to dry, etc. Otherwise, these will damage your favorite canvas pair.
3. How To Clean Suede and Nubuck Puma Shoes
Suede is considered the most delicate fabric and you need to use a special suede brush and cleaner. Usually, suede is kind of waterproof or water-resistant so it doesn’t respond to water properly.
To clean dirty suede, several cleans and brushes are available at the market. You have to use the suede brush in the right direction to clean them properly.
You should not wash them in the washing machine or submerge them in water. That will damage the fabric and texture of the shoes.
In case, if you don’t have suede cleaners, remove loose dirt with a dry cloth. Don’t rub the shoes, rather wipe them gently.
If the dirt is stubborn, you can use baby wipes. But make sure they are unscented. Baby wipes work well to clean the upper of the nubuck Puma shoes as well.
Another way to clean Suede and nubuck pumas is to use a damp cloth. First, clean the loose dust with a suede brush or a soft toothbrush. Soak the cloth in warm water.
You can use a light detergent or shampoo a little bit. Though we are not recommended to use regular soap or detergents. Wipe the shoes smoothly.
After that, wipe with a soft towel and let them dry properly.
Related Post: How to clean white vans shoes with household items
Washing the Laces, Footbeds, and Soles
Cleaning the laces, footbeds, and soles is also part of proper cleaning the PUMA shoes.
Cleaning the laces
First, take off the laches. You can use soapy water to wash the laces. If the laces have stubborn stains, soak them for a few minutes in soapy water. Coldwater is suitable to wash laces properly. If you want, you can use light warm water as well.
They may get saturated after washing, but they will be okay after drying.
Cleaning the footbeds
Footbeds may create a bad smell after using them for a long time. You should wash them before this situation. Remove them from the shoes and clean them with soap and water. You should use mild soap or shampoos.
And don’t soak them in water for a long time. Simply clean the dirt with a damp cloth. Gently scrub with a damp cloth and soap/detergent.
Then wash them out and keep them in a well-ventilated place. Make sure footbeds are dried properly before entering into the shoes again.
Cleaning the Sole
The dirtiest part of the shoes is the sole. You should be extra careful during cleaning the Puma shoe soles. Use a damp cloth with soap or a deterrent. Then rub the stuck muds or other sediments gently and wipe them.
Wash with cold running water and let them dry.
Related Post: How To Clean Basketball Shoes For Better Grip To Perform Better
Things to maintain about PUMA shoes
As a PUMA shoe user, you should be careful about some important things to keep them up to date such as –
- Don’t keep the shoes with mud and dirt for a long time. Clean dirt ASAP. Otherwise, the dirt and mug get dried and fall stains.
- Cleaning immediately will save your effort of cleaning, time, and money as well.
- Use a damp cloth to clean your favorite pair of PUMA shoes. Never put them into the washing machine. You may think that will reduce your hassle of cleaning, but that will damage the structure and appearance of shoes.
- It’s highly forbidden not to submerge PUMA shoes in water. That will damage our shoe materials, texture, and overall shelf life. Also, avoid spraying water with a hose.
- When it is time to dry, you should strictly avoid direct heat. Dry them in a proper air-circulated place. Also, you should not wear them before drying properly. And don’t use a cloth dryer to dry immediately. That will dry the shoes soon but destroy the materials later.
Related Post: 6 Proven Way- How to clean white converse without turning them YELLOW
Cleaning PUMA shoes is a hard task to do? We didn’t think so now! We have discussed the ways to clean different types of PUMA shoes. Hopefully, you can clean them properly based on the type and materials.
Hence, clean them regularly to reduce the hassle of cleaning and save your time!
We guarantee you won’t face any difficulties after following the cleaning processes.
Enjoy every step with clean and spotless PUMA shoes!
How to prevent shoes from cutting ankle: 3 Important Measures