Most of us don’t get an idea of cleaning insoles until they are super-smelly. I would like to insist that cleaning the insole is not lesser important than cleaning the outside of your soles.
You know how important is to clean your shoes because shoes are part of your personality and people look at them when they are looking at you. But what about the bacteria and smell you are gathering inside of your shoes if you are not cleaning them? Do you have any idea what infections you can face if you keep putting the shoes which are not cleaned inside out?
I know it is very tough to clean the shoes from the inside, but in this article I am going to help you by giving tips about cleaning the insoles of your shoes, whether they are removable or non-removable, they are your most loved branded shoes, your orthotic insoles, I’m going to deal with each of them one by one.
Here is the list of questions that might come to your mind when insoles and types come to your mind; I have answered all of them for you.
How to clean non-removable insoles?
How clean non-removable insoles can be challenging sometimes. If the insoles are removable you can easily take them out wash them, and dry them. But the question is how to clean the inside of your shoes.
There are different ways of cleaning them which I am going to mention here.
The best way of using them is to place them inside your shoes overnight and this will make your shoes fresh. They will not only help in removing the odor but they will also leave a fragrance that will neutralize the smell in your shoes.
It is one of the superb odor eaters. You can fill a Sock with activated charcoal and place them inside your shoes for a night. Why the morning the charcoal would have absorbed all the smell and your shoes will be fresh.
One of the best ways of killing the bacteria inside the issues is to steam the inside of your shoe. You can inside of the shoes and leave the issues to dry for a night. But remember Suede is not suitable for this method.
When it comes to absorbing the nasty smell, cat litter also plays a very good role. Take a small bag of cloth and fill it with the cat litter. Put the bag in your shoes overnight and by morning the smell will be gone.
You can use baking soda for your non-removable insoles. Sprinkle the baking soda inside of your shoes and leave them overnight. Next morning shake out the excess and your shoes for air drying. There will be no smell left in the shoes.
Related Post: How to clean white converse without turning them yellow
How do clean removable shoe insoles?
No doubt it is easy but it is a lengthy process at the same time. There are mainly two ways of cleaning removable shoe insoles, and I am going to mention both of them here.
Soap and water
- Take a small bucket filled with warm water can also use a sink.
- Add detergent or liquid soap of your choice into the water and mix them well.
- Take a soft brush and start scrubbing the insoles. Start removing the stains and the dirt. You can also use a cloth for this step.
- Rinse the insoles with water and keep them for drying.
Vinegar and water
- Take a bowl and mix distilled white vinegar and warm water in equal amounts.
- Place your insoles in the mixture.
- Let them get soaked for 3 hours or more. Take them out and rinse them with fresh water.
Remember vinegar help in killing the bacteria.
Related Post: How To Stop Shoes Rubbing The Back Of Your Heel
How do clean leather insoles?
Leather in the source is very soft and can easily get damaged, thus you need extra care for cleaning them. Here are the steps that can help you in cleaning your leather insole.
- Take warm water in a bowl.
- Please your leather insole for some time in the water.
- Add detergent or liquid soap of your choice.
- Take a soft cloth or a rug and start cleaning the insoles.
- Keep your hand soft because the leather insole can get damaged easily.
- Once cleaned rinse the leather insoles with fresh water and keep them in open air for drying.
Related Post: How to get gum off shoes
How to clean insoles on sandals?
It is very difficult to clean the insoles of a pair of sandals. Sandals are very soft and delicate, thus once damaged cannot be reversed. You can find different products for cleaning your delicate sandals for example
- Hydrogen peroxide (for hard shoes only)
- Liquid soap
- Fabric-based diluted solution (for fabric shoes)
- Shoe cleaning spray
- Conditioner (for soft inner)
The method is very simple.
- Place newspaper on the floor, and put your sandals on the newspaper.
- Take a soft brush and dip it in the mixture you have chosen to clean your insoles.
- Start from toe mark and take it to the heel part.
- Keep your hands soft because the insole of sandals is very delicate.
- As the marks are removed, take a wet cloth and clean the insoles.
Once cleaned place them in open air for one night.
Related Post: Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
How to clean your branded shoe insoles?
There are many brands people love and they do anything to keep them clean. Many ladies ask me about certain brands and their insoles, I am going to mention a few of them here.
How to clean hey dude insoles?
Hey dude insoles are mostly made up of foam and fabric thus you can always wash them in the washing machine. You can also wash them with your hands but the brand has mentioned clearly that their insoles are washable in any washing machine with detergent or liquid soap.
How to wash Tom’s removable insoles?
The best way of washing Tom’s removable insoles is recommended on their website and their instructions to
- use cold water with the gentle detergent
- clean your insoles
- rinse them with water
- let them air dry
How to clean the insoles of yeezys?
Yeezy insoles are very delicate thus you need to be extra careful while washing them because of their pillow case and Primeknit technology on their insoles.
- Fill a bowl with cleaning solution and water
- Dip the insoles for some time into the mixture
- Pick a soft bristle brush and gently start scrubbing insoles.
- Keep on changing the water and placing the insole from time to time in order to avoid any dirt getting stuck into the insole pillowcase.
- Let them air dry
Yeezy strictly avoids cleaning the insoles in the washing machine.
How to clean Sperry’s insoles?
Sperry has mentioned the method of cleaning their insoles. The only method of cleaning the insoles is to Sprinkle baking soda for deodorizing and for general freshness.
How to clean vionic insoles?
The steps of cleaning vionic insoles are very easy. But for Vionic insoles, you have to use their vionic footbed cleaner. The cleaner helps in removing the stains and making the insoles fresh.
- Shaker footbed cleaner well
- Apply the cleaner on a cloth or a brush and Scrub the Footbed.
- The excess moisture must be wiped away with the help of a dry and clean cloth.
- Allow the air to pass through the shoe inner and keep the shoe out of the reach of direct sunlight.
How to clean orthotics insoles?
Orthotic insoles are made up of gels.
- You can easily use a liquid soap or a detergent of a choice and mix them with water.
- Dip the gel insoles in the water for sometime
- Rinse insoles under running water.
- And keep them for drying.
- Never wash the Orthotic insoles in a washing machine because this can damage the gel.
These are perfect home remedies and professional techniques for cleaning any type of insole you have. Cleaning soles can be a difficult process if you don’t have any idea about how to clean the insoles of your most loved pair of shoes.
If you sweat a lot, and you have smelly feet, then there are 100 per cent chance for you to have smelly insoles. This bad smell can make you feel embarrassed in public. Thus start keeping your insoles clean with the methods I have mentioned above in a precise way. I hope you won’t face the smelly feet issues again.
- 11 Best Shoes For Hairdressers | The ultimate comfort for hairstylist
- Best Shoes for Waitresses In 2021: Support working Legs
- 10 Best Tennis Shoe For Flat Feet in 2021
- 10 Best Shoes For Bartenders In 2021: Behind Serving Table
- Best Shoes For Being On Feet All Day Worthwhile In 2021
- Best Shoes For Working On Concrete In 2021- Ultimate Guide
- Best Shoes For Disc Golf In 2021: Power Players
- 15 Best Shoes For Sciatica of 2021 [Informative Buying Guide]
- Best shoes for Orange Theory in 2021; Time to start OTF with Energy
- Best Shoes for Ankle Support in 2021 – Ultimate Guide
- Best Running Shoes For Shin Splints In 2021: Exercise Routine